MuTianYu Great Wall of China Transportation Guide
how get to mutianyu great wall of china
- transport means for foreign tourists:
join the day tour, or do the day trip with: long distance public bus; chartered licensed cab; RideShare (CarPool) with licensed cab; chartered folks car (illegal). for tourists, they can just rent a car with driver, hire the english cab drivers who supply the car service in beijing.
- Long distance public bus:
dongzhimen transport center
916 express at DongZhiMen transport center, transfer the local bus or the huairou local cab, or hire the local folks car driver to mutianyu at huairoubeidajie (huarou north street); will take more than 2 hours on the single way from dongzhimen station.
916express station at dongzhimen transport center
huairoubeidajie (huarou north street)
HuaiRou Licensed Taxi to mutianyu great wall of china
taxi to mutianyu great wall of china from HuaiRou BeiDaJie (HuaiRou North Street) , around half hour for single way
- chartered licensed cab:
taxi to mutianyu great wall of china from tiananmen square, the center of beijing, around 1.5 hours for single way
taxi to mutianyu great wall of china from PEK airport, around 1 hour for single way
recommending the 3btaxi.com; asking the hotel concierge bellman to hire a licensed cab driver; will take 1 hour from airport, 1.5 hour from downtown on the single way.
- Chartered folks car (illegal):
there are many drivers ad their service on thebeijinger.com
- the tickets of mutianyu great wall:
entrance 45yuan, shuttle bus 15yuan with round trip; cable car or chairlift/toboggan 120yuan with round trip, total 180yuan per person.
- the WiFi in MuTianYu great wall of china:
- there are total 23 towers on the mutianyu great wall of china
- cable car:
after getting off the shuttle bus, head to the cable car station, you will get off at the tower 14th, you can hike to the 23rd tower direction or the turn on right to the 1st tower direction. the cable car is box type.
after getting off the shuttle bus, head to the chairlift station, you will get off at the tower 6th, you can hike to the 1st tower, it is the commanding height of the entire mutianyu valley, could overlook the whole great wall. the chairlift is open type, and the toboggan slide down is very fun, you can control the speed by yourself.
- after the 23rd tower, it is the jiankou great wall, some tourists like the thru-hike from the zhengbeikou of jiankou great wall to mutianyu great wall
- comparatively speaking, mutianyu is less tourists than badaling great wall
- many presidents or VIP like to visit mutianyu great wall of china
- less traffic on the JingCheng HighWay to the mutianyu great wall of china
- nearest to PEK airport, if you are layover in PEK airport for around 8 hours or more time, you could hire a driver to visit this section, even on very early morning. many foreign tourists ride the airchina flight to stopover in PEK airport
- there are many day tours on the tripadvisor.com, this kind of day trip is around 8 hours, you don't need the professional guide, you could rent a radio guide if you like